Our mission is to reduce occupational health and safety assessment duplication.
The specific aims of the SSIP forum are as follows:
- Encourage and maximise mutual recognition between SSIP member schemes where it is practicable to do so.
- Operate a robust and consistent Deemed to Satisfy (DtS) agreement between SSIP member schemes that is clear and transparent.
- Provide confidence in first stage safety capability assessments by developing the SSIP core criteria and ensuring a consistent, reliable and quality-controlled standard of assessment via qualified, competent, assessors.
- Help and encourage buyers to recognise SSIP and its aims and objectives, and to specify and recognise SSIP member schemes in general, rather than a specific scheme provider.
- Help buyers and suppliers to achieve value for money through avoiding unnecessary duplication or differing Health & Safety assessment requirements, wherever possible.
- Demonstrate savings made to buyers and suppliers as a result of SSIP activity.
- Promote appropriate core criteria in non-construction works.
- Promote the work and value of SSIP.
- Actively encourage the standardisation of prequalification criteria including PAS 91, and other common industry standards.