SSIP Assessor Training
An important element in the mutual recognition of SSIP assessments is ensuring a consistent approach by assessors working for SSIP members. The SSIP Assessor Training Course is designed for Assessors and any other personnel involved in the management of an SSIP scheme to ensure a consistent approach.
SSIP Assessor training course dates (2023/24):
- 23 November 2023
- 29 February 2024
- 25 April 2024
- 27 June 2024
- 25 July 2024
- 26 September 2024
- 24 October 2024
- 28 November 2024
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSESSOR TRAINING COURSE:
The SSIP Assessor Training aims to ensure that all SSIP Assessors understand:
- the aim of the SSIP scheme and the role of the Assessor in delivering this
- the scope of SSIP other criteria (e.g. OHS legislation)
- the significance of the risk assessment processes for the SSIP Assessor
- how to interpret the SSIP Core Criteria in the context of a typical assessment
- how to conduct a typical SSIP assessment effectively
- how to communicate and report an assessment and any non-conformities detected
- how to undertake follow-up activities, including an assessment of the effectiveness of corrective actions identified
SSIP ASSESSOR PRE-REQUISITES:
All assessors must:
- Have achieved the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety; British Safety Council (BSC) Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health; NEBOSH Certificate in Construction; NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health & Safety or equivalent as a minimum
- Have at least 2 years’ general Health & Safety work experience
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation including CDM 2015 requirements
- Please note in advance of the SSIP Assessor Training Course all delegates are required to supply copies of their NEBOSH or equivalent H&S Qualification (as detailed in Appendix 16 of the SSIP Rules and Bylaws); it is to be noted that without this information SSIP will only issue a certificate of attendance and NOT a certificate of course completion.
If you would like any further information please contact the SSIP Administrator via email email@example.com; alternatively if you would like to book a place on our course please click the link below.
The tutor was truly amazing, polite , professional and kept the course on track. very very good knowledge
The breakout sessions provided a good opportunity to discuss issues and listen to delegates with different professional experiences and points of view.
Excellent, most informative course well delivered by Russell who made the subject matter clear for all of us with different levels of knowledge and experience. Much appreciated!!