SSIP Spring Newsletter3rd April 2017
Contractors to benefit from prequal red tape cut12th December 2017
SSIP is pleased to inform you that the long awaited update to PAS91 is now available to download <Click Here>.
What is this PAS about?
It provides a standard list of the questions that are typically asked of suppliers at the prequalification stage of construction tendering.
Who is this PAS for?
It is for use in the construction sector, specifically:
- Buyers’ agents
Why should you use this PAS?
The PAS reduces the administrative burden for both suppliers and buyers. Its use will benefit suppliers because:
- Less time is taken interpreting and answering questions
- Better responses to the ‘core’ questions can be developed
- They can have greater confidence that questionnaires are completed correctly
- They can bid for more work
The PAS’s use will also benefit buyers and their agents because:
- Less time is taken creating questionnaires
- Higher quality responses are received
- More suppliers are likely to bid, creating more competition
- It may contribute to an organization’s Corporate Responsibility policy by reducing the burden on their suppliers
- It helps occasional buyers follow good practice straight away
The PAS is also in line with public sector policy as it helps small and medium sized suppliers to bid.
What’s changed since the last update?
This amendment is solely to ensure that the PAS aligns with new legislation, in particular changes to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. The amendments also address requirements of the European Single Procurement Document (ESPD).